Many of Dr. Marin’s patients are from out of town or even out of state making a “quick trip to the office” very difficult if not impossible. Thus, we have designed a protocol to meet the needs of those patients who need or prefer to communicate through the phone, Internet or even Skype when possible. If this sounds like you, then let’s get started.
Step 1 – Submitting Your “Virtual-Consult”
1. Review the area of our website associated with the particular procedure that interests you. This will help to educate you and answer some of your initial questions.
2. Fill out our Internet consultation form, including your medical and surgical history in detail. We request that you attach several photos of the area of concern (these remain confidential). Traditionally this is a front, two 45-degree angle images and two side or lateral images. These can be easily attached directly to your consult and sent to our office via email.
Step 2 – The Virtual Consultation and Scheduling
3. Dr. Marin will personally review each consult submitted and then respond to you directly - indicating if you are a candidate, not a candidate or perhaps a candidate for a procedure different than what you anticipated. If Dr. Marin feels simulation computer imaging will be useful, he will review this with you before you ever come to the office.
4. Schedule a consult. For patients who must travel to visit our office, we will make every effort to combine your virtual appointment with a plan for one trip to La Jolla to both confirm Dr. Marin’s findings in person with a formal in-person consultation followed by your surgery the following day.
We will help arrange any medical tests to be completed, your travel arrangements to San Diego, hotel accommodations as well as recovery assistance by our nursing staff.
Step 3 – Surgery and Recovery
5. Travel to Del Mar to meet with Dr. Marin to confirm his findings, and to answer any and all of your questions related to the procedure. The following morning you will undergo your surgery and recover nearby according to the arrangements already made.
Usually, you will see Dr. Marin several times over the course of the next week and be able to return home six to seven days after your procedure (including flying).
Step 4 – Follow-Up
6. Recovery and long-term follow-up appointments will be scheduled at times that fit with your schedule and travel availability. Often, routine questions or concerns can be accomplished via email with attached photos or via Skype or Gmail video chat Internet video conferencing services. This allows you to “meet” with Dr. Marin without ever leaving the convenience of your home.
The Virtual Consultation service by Dr. Marin is based only on the medical information and photographs made available by the patient through the provided service. Thus, this is not an adequate substitute for an in person office visit.
Contact Our Del Mar, CA Plastic Surgery Office
Contact our Del Mar office to schedule a consultation with Dr. Marin.