Marin Aesthetics prioritizes the health and welfare of our staff and patients. Through this, we will be implementing a number of measures to prevent the possible spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) at our office over the next several weeks. Marin Aesthetics will be open for limited hours to accommodate essential patient visits until more is known about the spread of the virus.
Marin Aesthetics will honor previously made appointments for immediate postop visits, filler treatments, and consults. However, we will have to decline any visitors who:
- Show flu-related symptoms such as fever, cold, and cough
- Has returned to the United States following trips abroad in the last month
- Lives with individuals who have returned to the United States following a trip abroad in the last month
- Lives with individuals who have experienced upper respiratory infection in the last three months
In the interim, Marin Aesthetics will offer scheduled consultations over Skype to visitors with any of the issues outlined above.
The following safety measures have been implemented in our office to ensure the protection of our staff and patients:
- Limited access to anyone who currently shows signs of fever or respiratory distress
- Increased efforts to regularly sanitize our facilities through the use of hospital-grade disinfectants
- Additional disinfectants such as hand sanitizer and hand soap available throughout our clinic
- The strict implementation of limited contact between individuals (e.g. handshakes)
Steps for Prevention
Additionally, we wish to remind everyone that defense is always the best form of prevention. Through this, we would like to offer additional steps that can curb the spread of illnesses and viruses such as COVID-19:
- Frequently wash your hands with antibacterial soap and warm water for 20 seconds before touching your face and eating, or after sneezing and coughing. In the event soap is not available, alcohol-based hand sanitizer is a viable alternative.
- Cover each sneeze and cough with tissue and appropriately discard once done. If tissue is not readily available, you may use your elbow. And remember to wash your hands immediately once done.
- Regularly disinfect surfaces in your home and office.
- Do not share drinks, food, or utensils with anyone.
- Avoid contact with anyone showing signs of a fever, cough, or cold.
Marin Aesthetics is committed to monitoring the situation to ensure the safety and protection of our patients and staff. For any questions or concerns, please contact our San Diego office at 858-638-9800.
*Refresh this page for further updates.*
*The content in this blog is developed to spread the awareness towards plastic surgery. Our blog is not intended to serve as a replacement for an actual in-office consultation with Dr. Marin. As such, the information within this blog reflects the unique cases of our individual patients.