Revision plastic surgery techniques tend to be more complicated than those used during the initial surgery because the surgeon must correct a problem in addition to producing a cosmetic enhancement, which was the intended goal of the first surgery. Dr. Vincent Marin is a board-certified plastic surgeon in San Diego that has experience performing all types of revision plastic surgery procedures. In fact, a number of patients who wish to correct issues from their previous surgery come to Dr. Marin. Problems may arise due to an inexperienced surgeon performing the primary surgery, the patient failing to follow pre- and post-operative instructions, and surgical complications.
However, many patients are concerned about the costs of revision plastic surgery. After all, these patients have already paid for plastic surgery in the past, and they want to be sure that the investment is well worth it. Dr. Marin has provided the cost range of plastic surgery procedures so patients know what to expect when they seek treatment. Because revision plastic surgery procedures tend to be more complex and difficult than the primary surgery, the price of revision plastic surgery is likely to be at the higher end of the range.
- Tummy tuck surgery: $5,500 – $9,800
- Liposuction: $3,800 and up
- Thigh Lift: $6,500 – $13,000
- Upper Arm Lift: $8,000
Facial Plastic Surgery
- Eyelid surgery: $2,500 – $5,000
- Facelift: $8,500 – $11,000
- Forehead lift: $3,000 – $5,000
- Otoplasty: $4,500 – $6,500
- Rhinoplasty/Septoplasty: $5,000 – $9,000
- Breast augmentation: $6,000 – $7,000
- Breast lift: $5,500 – $8,500
- Breast reduction: $6,500 – $10,000
Will Health Insurance Cover the Cost of Revision Plastic Surgery?
In most cases, health insurance will not cover the cost of revision plastic surgery. If the surgery that you undergo is cosmetic in nature, it is unlikely that your plan will cover it. Health insurance will cover the cost of surgery if it is performed to provide a medical benefit.
Revision plastic surgery patients have a number of payment options available to them, including:
- Cash or checks: At Marin Aesthetics, we accept cash and checks as payment. This option is ideal for patients because it does not require a loan and interest rates.
- Credit cards: If you wish to pay for the cost of treatment over the course of a few months, you can put the cost of treatment on a personal credit card. We accept all major credit cards. If you elect to put the cost of treatment on a credit card, be sure to educate yourself about the interest rate and any late fee penalties that may be associated with the card.
- Financing: We accept CareCredit and other types of medical financing. These plans work similarly to credit cards. The financing company will pay for treatment, and then the patient makes monthly payments to the financing company. Be sure to choose a plan that offers a low-interest rate.
To find out how much your revision plastic surgery procedure will cost, contact Marin Aesthetics to schedule a consultation.
*The content in this blog is developed to spread the awareness towards plastic surgery. Our blog is not intended to serve as a replacement for an actual in-office consultation with Dr. Marin. As such, the information within this blog reflects the unique cases of our individual patients.